Whether you’re renovating a kitchen & bathroom or an entire home, the initial planning and design phase is crucial.
Etheridge Home Renovation creates a comprehensive strategy to ensure the final result is the home of your dreams.
Program Requirements & Purpose
Understanding why you’re planning a renovation is the main question that drives the entire planning process. We’ve found that there are a few main reasons that drive people to renovate their home.
- Creating more space in our home
- Maximizing the view
- Accessibility requirements
- Require more natural light
- Create a more functional space
- Less confined more open concept
- Creating a space that is your forever home
Budget & Timeline
Understanding your ideal budget will allow us to better plan your project to scope within your set timeline.
Before we come and visit your home we look at the zoning and bylaw information in your local municipality and determine:
- What is the site coverage permitted
- How much square footage you are allowed
- The restrictions on deck size and patios
- Any setback or building height issues
- Any heritage bylaws specific to your neighbourhood
- Legal suits allowed in your basement
After the program requirements and property analysis are completed, and we have a general understanding of your budget, we schedule a site visit to solidify general design ideas, both functional and aesthetic.
Scope of Work, Preliminary Estimate and Contract
At this stage, we have a scope of work and preliminary estimate put together based on your budget and timeline requirements. Once all is approved we create a contract outlining both parties expectations and desires for the project.